Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

3rd Quarter

Welcome to the 3rd Quarter!

It's hard to believe that we are already "half" way through the school year.  I hope our students and parents have enjoyed the year as much as the teachers, administration, and staff has!  Time flies and does not give way to blog-writing, so I am going to keep it shorter in the hopes that I will be able to post more often.

Looking Back:
We had a great holiday season and a great start to our new year.  I think I can speak for everyone when I say we are enjoying watching our Charger girls and boys on the basketball court; if you haven't had a chance to catch a game I highly recommend you do so!  We are so proud of our athletes and their work and dedication.

Snofest has already come and gone; I'd like to send a big thank you to the teachers for all of the help during the week and the students for their behavior and enthusiasm.  Snofest always reminds me of one of the most amazing parts of being an educator--the fun we get to have with our students and staff.  Snofest is always a great way for classes to come together and work as a team while showing school spirit and pride, and our students do it so well!  I special congrats to Queen Syra, King Nick, and the senior class for winning the competition!

Looking Ahead

Testing season is quickly approaching and I am confident that our students will do well.  Our seniors are beginning to plan for college, our juniors are beginning to think of their senior year, and our school is preparing for an exciting spring.  There are a lot of events coming up in the next few months and I want to highly encourage parents to ensure that students are in school every day they possibly can be.  Being here every day is the first step towards a successful future.

February is "I Love to Read" month so please stay tuned for special events planned by our staff, including "Muffins for Moms" and "Donuts for Dads".

Have a great start to first quarter and I hope everyone stays warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment